Friday, September 13, 2013

Tri Turtle Voluteering

Note: I'm having difficulites editing my blog so text may be a little messed up...I'll fix it once blogger cooperates!! I still owe at HTC wrap up! I know this…I’ve fallen behind on blogging. Life has been crazy busy (as always) and I’ve been EXHAUSTED lately! I don’t know if it has to do with the changing weather or what but I just can’t seem to get enough sleep. Ok this is just a quick update on the last week. The most exciting thing I did was volunteer for Tri Turtle, a local triathlon. I think I’m going to dive in next year and become a triathlete so volunteering at this even was the best way I could think of to get a firsthand account of what a triathlon looks like. I worked along the bike course where a residential street met the main road. My main job was to keep vehicles from running over the cyclist as they whizzed by. I did a damn good job- didn’t lose a single one! HAHA. There were about 300 athletes at this event so it’s nice and small but there is a vast level of experience in the race. I saw people of all shapes, sizes, and age fly be me. Some were on Mt. Bikes, some on basic road bikes, and some on bicycles that had to cost thousands of dollars! The woman who runs this event actual holds a program called “Tribabes” and each summer she trains somewhere around 100 women to complete the event. I kind of wish I had witnessed the swim portion since that is what I am most nervous about but with enough training I already know anything is possible! Went on 2? Short runs this week. Suppose to run 11 miles with some friends tonight. We’ll see how that turns out. I haven’t run more than 6 miles at one time in MONTHS so I’m a little nervous. Ooooo…and I signed up for Eugene Marathon 2014! Use code EMSUMMER14 for $10 off through 9/15! I plan to cut 11+ minutes off of last years’ time 

No comments:

Post a Comment