Sunday, December 9, 2012

Not a fan of WSF today

Oh my god, just got three paragraphs typed and the internet went crazy...so has been my day.

Starting over, argh...


Running wo-man
Normally Sunday's are very peaceful around my house. We watch football, do chores, prepare for th week etc. Today started off normal enough with a weekend run, Sara joined me. We did 3/1 Intervals with a few laps of speedwork thrown in at the track, total distance 8.2 in 01:29:00ish. I accidentally paused my garmin and didn't notice until we had covered about another 3/4 mile, oops. So we combined what my garmin HAD tracked with the stats Sara's phone had kept, and agreed upon a total distance and time. Oh, and I decided to try out my newest Target pants for the run to see if they were canidates for my next half (12/31) and that was an adventure. About 1/2 mile into our run they started falling down to the point that my buttcrack was going to be exposed. So I held them up while running for probably about 1/4 mile when Sara realized she had an extra hair-band. So I rolled my pants up in front to get some extra fabric and scrunchied them like it was 1995! It worked though, so the rest of my run I didn't have to worry about flashing the neighborhood. Guess I'll have to stick to cross training only in those pants.

I should have taken these two small misfortunes as an indicator how my day was going to go. In short, I had a lia sophia meeting in Seattle to attend at 4:30, took my girls to my parents cause my husband was working tonight, then planned on catching the 3:00 ferry (it's an hour sailing) and walking a mile to the resturant for the meeting. Well apparently yesterday one of the ferry's started taking on water and they have a replacement ferry only its slower than the normal one so all the ferry sailings are messed up. The 3:00 turned into a 4:00 sailing, luckily my friend (and orginial lia sophia recruit) Emily was on the ferry with her car, so I jumped in with her and we drove to the resturant to save time. Only problem was traffic was crazy!! So we got to the resturant about 5:45, and guess when our returning ferry was? Any guesses? 6:45....so we had about 45 minutes to enjoy our team maters and high tail it back to the ferry. Well we left on time to catch the 6:45 only to find out that it was canceled, so the next sailing was 7:55!!!!Long story short we caught a ferry to a different city, drove around and now almost 9 hrs after I left to drop off the girls they are tucked in and I'm finally able to sit down for a second and write, although I should be in bed!

I don't want it to sound like my whole day sucked though because at our Lia Sophia meeting I did win "Queen of Sales" AND I beat my unit managers sales for the month of November so I earned a $75 cash bonus! Score! That's two months in a row!! Last month I hit up DSW for some new boots. This month it will go towards Christmas shopping, but first it did buy me a Salted Caramel something or other, yum. I practically NEVER drink, like almost ever, but Cupcake frosting vodka, with rum and caramel and a salt/sugar rim = I couldn't say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment