Friday, December 7, 2012

Thirty minutes til Freedom!




TGIF!!! Probably every blog I type on a Friday will start off with this exclamation!  It’s been a long and slow week at work. Today was made interesting when they shut the power off in our building for the last 4 hours of the day so I had to find a new desk to work at a few buildings down. And every office seems to be so darn cold, don’t people believe in heaters anymore? As I type this my fingers are stiff, screaming, and just want to be tucked into my jacket pockets.
 Our YMCA
Last night I was going to do an Insanity video but was really tired, I knew if I stayed home my workout would be half ass so after the girls went to bed at 8pm, I decided to go the  Y and get a short run in. I can never run for very long on the dreadmill, I get un-motivated and bored, so I aimed for 3 miles, then I would allow myself to change activities.  Some people say they run faster on the treadmill, I don’t know how in the hell they do that,  because I feel like I have to put out so much more effort running on that stupid belt than when I am outside- and I like the change in terrain and scenery! Anyway I started off running on a 0.5 incline at 5.6-5.8 mph then would do short 30 second bursts of 6.0-6.2,  after 2 miles of this I realized I was running an overall slower pace than I wanted (should), so I started to increase the speed. I have to pat myself on the back and say I am really happy with that last ¾ mile. I ran ½ of it at 8:20ish pace, then the last ¼ mile I sprinted at a 7:40ish pace. For me to hold that speed over ¾ of a mile is a win. My fastest run EVER I ran 3 miles with an average of 8:35 pace but I stopped twice for air (and paused my garmin of course) and when I was done I felt miserable. Last night was tough but I didn’t feel dead.
After I hopped off the dreadmill treadmill I decided to hop on a spin bike for a few miles, ended up going 4 miles in 10 minutes, nice round numbers so I traveled down to the weight machines. I love the feeling I have after a good ST session but I am not completely knowledgeable nor do I keep stats on what I lifted so I won’t elaborate now except to say that I want to work on my arms A LOT more!
Food was in check yesterday, in check today. I have a Lia Sophia show tonight so we’ll see what happens. I have a really hard time controlling my diet when I don’t have time to sit down for meals. I will get off work, have 15 minutes at home to (gently) throw my jewelry in the car, and then head off to one town over.  Normally the hostesses of these shows will have all kinds of goodies out, brownies, fondue, wine, cheese and crackers…I’m hoping tonight it’s chill, just pretzels and good ‘ol H20, it’ll make it much easier to stay on track. Thankfully I have this whole weekend off, I’ve had a few 6 day work weeks lately and my home projects have been neglected. We got this really neat hand-made real wood dresser from a family friend a couple months ago and I want to re-paint it espresso to match the rest of our bedroom furniture but haven’t had time yet. And my garage is disaster; it’s like the cleanup project that never ends! I’m debating if I should post a picture or not so you can share in the horror.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment