Sunday, December 30, 2012

Very Merry (Belated) Christmas!

Christmas came and went so fast this year. We had a wonderful one, several celebrations, lots of food, presents and family. Our girls are so spoiled, both by us and the rest of the family; shoes, bean bags, furr-real animals (bounce around puppy and baby butterscotch), color wonder art supplies, dream-lites and barbie cars just to name a few things that now clutter our house! LOL. I got a garmin for the car- no more mapquest for me! I also got a kettlebell and YoNanas amoung other things and James got a soda stream and weight bench. Awesome presents- gifts that keep giving :) I did a kettlebell workout on Friday, my heart definitely got pumping. I was doing a move called "around the world" and accidentally threw the 15 lbs bell WHOOPS! James came running upstairs thinking someone got hurt; nope, just me being clumsy :) I've had 9 days off work now, it's been so wonderful. Still haven't been able to really sleep in because the girls get up early but I've fit in quite a few workouts to offset all this holiday eating. I've run 19 miles since the 21st of Dec , a yoga class, 2 insanity workouts, and a kettlebell sampler. Tomorrow is my final half marathon of the year (# 3 for 2012, #5 lifetime) so I took yesterday and today off to keep my legs fresh. I should probably have fit a short run in this morning but I was feeling lazy.

I'll post a race re-cap tomorrow and probably do a little New Years piece. I LOVE goals and planning so this is such a fun time of the year for me. I love fresh starts!

Oh and on another note I just started AND complete reading "Run" by Dean Karnazes. AMAZING book. So inspirational I highly reccommend any runner, no matter how experienced, check it out. I'm now starting "Born to Run" I've heard nothing but good things about it but will let you know what I think in about a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment