Wednesday, February 13, 2013

GoodBye Scale...Hello Tape Measure!

Happy hump day! Half way through the week and looking forward to a three day weekend! Yesterday I ate a rather unhealthy lunch at work, it’s that point right BEFORE payday where the pantry is looking bare and I still gotta eat. I came downstairs yesterday morning to find that James has bought some top ramen so I took a packet of that to make soup but then when I got to work the idea of just soup sounded so boring so I went to the coffee shack and bought a Costco muffin (around 900 calories, eek!), then I only had about 2 bucks left so I decided to get a 12 oz apple cider too. It was sugar over-load! The only good news about having such a random and processed lunch was that when I got home I wanted a good home-cooked dinner VERY badly. I browsed pinterest and found beer chicken, but we never have alcohol in the house, but I have made pot-roast in the past with soda, so I threw some diet dr pepper in a skillet with some chicken breast, oregano, pepper, salt and garlic and cooked that until it could be shredded. A few weeks ago I had picked up some parmesan and garlic tossed potato slices from Trader Joes (frozen) so I cooked those as well, OMG sooooo good, and then I just steamed some green beans for a veggie.
While I was cooking James took Jamba (you’ll meet her later) on a walk. He saw Krissy one of my running buddies, then I looked on dailymile and saw that Sara, another friend, had done yoga the night before and I started feeling like a lazy slob. I had done a spin class 2 days before but that’s about as long as I can go without exercise before I get grouchy, 2 days. They unknowingly pressured me into a Turbofire DVD last night. It felt so good to sweat. After the workout I picked up my kettlebell and started doing some ST in front of the mirror; I felt like a beast but looked like a chunky monkey so I quickly turned to face the wall, LOL.  I haven’t weighed myself on the scale for a few weeks now, but decided that I instead would like to track my inches. I measured this morning before going to work and I’ve GAINED 1.5 inches on my waist since the summer!! So I’m going to measure every 2 weeks and mark my progress on my bathroom mirror in hot pink lipstick. Here we go!
 
I'm not at my goal but have to remember how far I've come!

No comments:

Post a Comment